We have covered off the main geographical and indeed geothermal threats to New Zealand residents but you must be mindful of the threat from the heavens. Scientists are discovering new possibly inhabitable planets at quite a rate so what if an alien race made contact with us? And what if their intentions were not honourable? Here is my made up advice…and do please suggest further actions…
- Stay hidden, it is highly likely that the alien technology is superior to ours (they got here didn’t they?).
- Try to avoid thinking about where you are, the aliens may have telekinetic powers and be able to locate you that way.
- Consider living underground where it is harder to reach you.
- Stockpile food if you can, or organise raiding parties to loot abandoned supermarkets and warehouses. Tinned food is especially useful.
- Have a getaway kit handy as in a volcanic eruption situation (see previous disaster).
- Remember that bacteria might see them off (as in H.G. Wells’ classic tale!) so being patient could be key.
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can convince nice Mr Alien to be reasonable. They have proved their malice already and you are just not talking their language.
- Trying to grow or harvest fresh food puts you above ground and at risk. If you must do this, be extra cautious.
- Gathering in large groups could be a mistake unless said group is heavily armed. Humans are inherently noisy and could attract attention.
- The elderly, infirm and small children should be left behind to perish. They will only slow you down and while everyone likes to feel good about themselves, you need to think of yourself. If you have managed to get them to safety and need a sacrifice, that is another option.
- Under no circumstances should you volunteer for the next anal probing drive.
A little tongue in cheek I know…but maybe, just maybe…